Monday, August 29, 2011

Parade day



The BART station was all decorated.

Office supply store too.


This isn't the parade. This is the scenery as I was walking to work at 8:30 in the morning, about two and a half hours before the parade. Is this normal? I gave Buster the option of skipping school and coming to the parade, but he would have had to spend the whole day at work with me, which is boring, and I didn't even know how close we were going to be able to get, since we had already seen people in Giants gear streaming toward the BART station in our neighborhood before 8 a.m. He wisely chose to skip the parade.

So I ended up with this delightful Salon trio, Chris, Tracy and Ruth, not one of whom is my kid, and not one of whom told me they were bored, tired, hungry or had to go to the bathroom. Though I think Ruth might have been a little hungry.

I don't have a picture of me in it, but I was wearing my new Cody Ross T-shirt. I saw it in a corner store and it made me burst out laughing, so I bought it. My favorite thing about it was knowing that in about two years, I would be able to wear this shirt in San Francisco, a city that in November 2010 was ready to elect Cody Ross mayor, and everyone would be all, "Who's on your shirt?" At this writing Ross is hitting .231 with a .695 OPS with a month to go in the season, so we're right on schedule.

An idea of the crowd. As we were fighting our way through it to our eventual vantage point in front of the Palace Hotel, this teenage girl I crossed paths with yelled at me, "Get some orange on! The color's orange!" before disappearing into crowd churn. Thanks for the tip, person who's been rooting for the Giants for 12 minutes!

This is Aaron Rowand trying to show Cody Ross that Ross' face is on my shirt.

OK, end of non-kid post.
11/3/10